Breast Cancer Screening
The HALO Dx Approach
We consistently use Genius 3D MammographyTM for risk screening, which is simply revolutionizing how breast cancer is detected. It is the first and only clinically superior 3D mammography approved by the FDA, and now considered the new “Gold Standard” for all women, not just high-risk patients.
Genius 3D Mammography™ allows doctors to examine your breast tissue layer by layer, where fine details are more visible and no longer hidden by the tissue above or below. This makes it possible see masses and distortions associated with cancers and pre-cancerous cells significantly better than the “flat” image produced with conventional 2D mammography.
- 3D Mammography detects 41% more invasive cancers,which are the ones that have spread outside of the milk duct into surrounding, healthy tissues. With early detection, the 5-year survival rate is almost 100%.
- 3D Mammography reduces false positives by up to 40%. False positives cause unnecessary emotional trauma for the patient and their families.
- 3D Mammography is clinically proven to be superior to traditional 2D mammography in extensive research published by the Journal of American Medical Association (JAMA).
Abbreviated Breast MRI
Abbreviated Breast MRI is an exam that has been developed for screening women with dense breasts.
- Abbreviated Breast MRI can detect 4 times more breast cancers than mammography.
- Detects cancer at a very early stage, when there is the best chance for cure with the least amount of treatment.
- No radiation.
- No breast compression.
- Takes approximately 10 minutes to perform.
- Requires small IV injection.
A referral from your doctor is preferred but not necessary. Our staff will answer all your questions about this latest breast cancer screening. We will walk you through the steps of your screening appointment, so you know what to expect, and we can send the results to your doctor. Abbreviated breast MRIs are not covered by insurance. Please contact if you would like to learn more.