Breast Cancer Overview
Know Your Risk!
Determining your risk for breast cancer is the first step in the prevention process. Each patient will be pre-screened for risk factors during their first visit. Those suspected of being at increased risk will complete a comprehensive risk assessment.
1 IN 8
1 out of 8 women In the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer
If you are a woman over age 40, you could be at risk for breast cancer. If you have a family history of breast cancer, your physician may recommend you begin screening sooner.
8 IN 9
8 out of 9 women diagnosed have no family history of the disease. This is a troubling statistic, one that reminds us why it is so important for all women to take advantage of routine mammography screenings, especially now that 3D technology is available.
Doctors agree that early detection is the best defense against breast cancer. Successful treatment and survival rates for breast cancer patients are dramatically affected by early detection, as the 5-year survival rate is almost 100 percent.
Comprehensive Breast Care
The scope of “comprehensive breast care” includes everything from screening mammography to referral for surgery or oncology, and all that lies in between. It is an ideal approach for both patients and clinicians, who can work together more efficiently, accurately, and effectively to ensure patients have the absolute best possible outcome. That means things like customizing a schedule for high risk patients and fast-tracking all aspects of their care. It means increased access to biopsy services, and that all patients leave with a care plan, not questions.
- Helping patients move from diagnostic imaging to biopsy.
- Support patients during biopsy and while they wait for pathology results.
- Facilitate prompt communication of results to each patient.
- Track outcomes of all biopsies and facilitate appropriate referrals.
- Serve as a liaison between patients and medical staff when needed.
- Assist patients as they move through the health care system.
- Connect patients with resources and support systems
- Assist patients in finding financial resources to help with health care costs
- Assist in ongoing patient education.
- Provide risk assessment profiles when needed to other physicians.
Schedule a Consultation